09 April 2012

H is for ...the Happiness Project


A short mention today of the great book by Gretchen Rubin called The Happiness Project, where she devoted a year of her life to trying to make herself happier. I can see how it could split readers because the author took a very systematic, rational approach to happiness, whereas many people think happiness is not something that can be worked on in this way. I like organisation and structure so I really enjoyed it. I tried to create a Happiness Project plan of my own, but due to things being a bit all over the place this last 6 months, it hasn't really panned out yet. Hopefully when I've got things a bit more settled in my everyday life then I will be able to work out a plan to stick to. So, it's not for everyone, but if you like this sort of approach then give it a read!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Stopping by via the A to Z Challenge. :)

I read that book and really enjoyed it. I keep meaning to make my own plan, but as you said, sometimes life gets in the way...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...