23 April 2011

T is (obviously) for Tea!


As you may have gathered if you ever look at my Flickr photostream or read my blog, I love tea! It is my favourite thing to drink, and can be used to make any situation that little bit better. A very English thing to say, I know! 

In case you are wondering, my everyday tipple is just normal black tea (sometimes referred to as English Breakfast) with a teeny tiny splash of milk, and when I have more time to savour my cuppa I love a Ceylon or Assam tea without milk. Assam tea is my favourite because it is a little stronger and has a lovely clear, fresh flavour to it.  


Just recently I had the urge to venture out of my tea comfort zone and step into the unknown, to try some other varieties (is that the right word?!).I have always wanted to like Green Tea and have tried drinking it so many times in the past, but it always tasted so wishy-washy and perfumey. And don't get me started on the unpleasantness of fruit and herbal teas! But I am now a changed woman - I have actually enjoyed drinking Green Tea, and have enjoyed every flavour of fruit tea I've tried too! Whether it is down to my taste buds maturing as I get older I have no idea, but I am enjoying the almost infinite number of tea possibilities that have now opened up to me! 


I feel like a kid in a sweet shop as I peruse the health food shops and tea websites - so many varieties still to try - Lapsang Souchong, Gunpowder, White Tea, Camomile, Oolong, Rooibos......

It may sound a little odd but I aim to taste every one of the main tea varieties as part of my '29 before 30' project which I will be starting on my next birthday in June. I have a little request - if anyone drinks any of these unusual teas I need to try for my project, would they be willing to send me 1 or 2 teabags (or some loose tea) to try? I have looked into buying individual teabags or very small amounts of tea but the smallest quantity seems to be 20 or 50 cups worth. I have limited tea-storage space and I know I won't like them all, so 1 or 2 of each is all I would need! If you can help, please leave a comment on this post or drop me an email to furwillfly@gmail.com

Thanks so much!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...