22 April 2011

S is for Shadow Self-Portraits


Like most people, I'm not a fan of having my photo taken. I always look stupid in other people's pictures - a fake grin, one eye shut, wonky expressions or just plain awkward. As part of the online ecourses I've been taking, and as part of my own explorations with photography, I've had to face my fear and take self-portraits. And you know what, I've been pleasantly surprised with them. Yes, I do have to take many many shots to get a few good ones, but having a camera shoved into my face is slowly becoming less scary. I've even shared these photos on Flickr and here! 

Once I worked out that self-portraits don't always have to be just my facing the camera and trying to smile, a whole new world of opportunity opened up. The best one of all was shadow self-portraits - it's a self-portrait without me really being in it at all! Perfect.

Here are a few of my favourites so far. Can't wait to take more now the sun is out again. I want to get some group shots too.

Me and a tree!

Camera Time

Waiting, always waiting....

Big Headed Girl

The Banksy Me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...