09 March 2011

MCP Project 52 Week 9/52 - Express Yourself


Within a few minutes of reading this weeks theme (Express Yourself), I had a vision of the photo I wanted to take. For some reason, it was me (well, it would have been some other female if I had someone to model for me!) in the woods, wearing bright red accessories, spinning around and blowing bubbles!! I can explain some parts of that vision - one of the places I love most in the world are woodlands, and I love wearing bright accessories when I'm feeling brave! The bubbles idea came from some experimental photos I've taken before with them. Put it all together and you've got a great way of expressing me!

Lots of photos were taken on the burst setting, and I waded through them to find the best ones. I chose this one because you can clearly see (I hope) that I'm spinning around, and you can see a few bubbles too.

On Picnik afterwards I added some cross processing and then used the CinemaScope function.

Here are some reject shots:


Thought this one was a little too blurry, although I preferred the pose.


Cross-processing effect applied using Picnik. I like the colours here but just thought it lacked something. Also, it might be misinterpreted as just me turning away, rather than spinning around.


Sixties style effect which looked OK - just not dramatic enough.


This mosaic effect shows that I'm spinning, but it just doesn't have the wow factor I wanted! I just subscribed to Picnik Pro and am exploring all the extras - think these mosaics will come in very handy at some point!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...