31 July 2011

Number 8 - Try an oyster in Whitstable

After just missing the famous Whitstable oyster festival, I was still determined to try an oyster this summer! After choosing a cute little wooden cart selling only fresh oysters, I finally plucked up the courage to spend the 70p. I was a little apprehensive, especially when confronted with this weird squidgy looking thing sitting in it's shell:


After staring at it for a while.....


I decided to go for it:


You know what, it was actually quite nice - pretty salty, and tasted of the sea (surprise surprise). I'd definitely have one again, although I'd still probably be a little squeamish. They are kind of funny looking!

I really liked Whitstable too, and it is now on my list of places I wouldn't mind living one day. It's by the coast,  it has loads of funky independent shops selling arts/crafts/vintage things, great transport links to London and Canterbury, and some gorgeous Victorian houses. Plus, some really cool beach huts........see for yourself......








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...