30 November 2010

AEDM - Day 30

This evening I planned out another painting as a Christmas present for someone. I knew I wanted to choose a view of a certain North-Eastern UK town (which I won't name just yet in case the recipient sees this). I did some research on the internet (as I've never actually been to this place myself) and printed out a few photos and pictures to work out which angle I was going to paint from. I decided to paint looking in at the coast from the sea. I chose my canvas and drew out the rough outlines with light pencil.

So far I have painted the sky, which took quite a while. I used acrylic paint, various paintbrushes and most importantly, pieces of washing up sponge.


2 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

You're off to a beautiful start :)

Congratulations on 30 days! Woo-hoo!

xo
Kristin

Leah said...

The sky is looking gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...