22 November 2010

AEDM - Day 22

I tried a few different art/craft techniques this evening before I could get in the mood for creating. Firstly I tried sewing as I have quite a few half-made plush creatures for the Fur Will Fly shop - but I just wasn't in the mood for it and couldn't be bothered! Then I tried continuing with yesterdays Journal Your Dreams pages, by splattering paint and ink on top of the watercolour washes - but I wasn't enjoying that either and it just didn't feel right.

So I thought I'd do a watercolour wash and clingfilm technique on one of my Sketchbook Project pages - I did enjoy this and the purple and brown colours look really good together, but I had to leave it to dry and didn't feel like that was enough art for today. 


I started tidying up my work area when I found a piece of cartridge paper I'd cut to size for a frame last week and decided to draw a sketch using my watersoluble graded pencils (8B, 6B, 4B) and mix them with the coloured watersoluble pencils to see what happened. It is a simple drawing but I like the combination of pencils.


1 comment:

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

Funny how the muse has to be in the mood. I think you did a good job of channeling your until you found the sweet spot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...