08 April 2013

G is for Goals

Usually I'm one for making lists. I like the satisfaction of ticking things off. I've even been known to add things to my list after I've done them, just so I can tick them off. My list obsession has dwindled of late, and so has my goal making. I think I've lost direction a bit, especially with my Etsy shop and my sewing. I want to relaunch my Etsy shop with a new banner, some new designs and some old favourites. But I need some solid goals and a real sense of direction to actually make anything happen. 

I'm a born procrastinator. I also take on too many things. There is a very fine balance between taking on enough activities to give me variety, but not so many as to make me panic and then get nothing done. I also get on better when I share my goals. So what better way than to share a few goals with you, and hopefully to be inspired by your goals too.

♥ Design a new banner for my Fur Will Fly Etsy shop. It needs to represent all the new sewing ideas I have, but also my original style. Once this is made I can retake the photo for my blog banner too.

♥ Make a list of the top 10 bestsellers, remake them and list in the shop so that it isn't completely empty.

♥ Get out my sketchbook and just put my ideas down onto paper. It's no use having them floating around my head.

♥ Set a date for the grand relaunch.

♥ Get sewing regularly, even if it is only a tiny amount each day. (And sew that damn button back on my coat!).

My white and red blood cells - definitely on the bestseller list.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! I fed the fish! I like making lists when there are lots of simple things to mark off, then things get a little sketchy when there are things like actual goals clamoring to get top billing on the paper! Love your cells...

Kristen said...

I have the exact same problem! I love lists, I take on too much, and I'm a procrastinator. I also love your blood cells, those are awesome!

I've boiled things down to one main goal I want to work on a little each day until I can get it finished and can make new goals centered around writing: Finish my friend's website. This is the last item on the list from my old web development job. I'd love to not have that hanging over my head.

From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Ahh, coat buttons!!
I too add things just to check them off ;)
Me? Goals? Blogging. I need to blog. And I need to write. Annd .... live ;)
- A-Z :)
Bonniegwyn.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...