The About Me section of a blog can be a very important tool for gathering followers, or it can be completely irrelevant. Personally, If I’m reading a blog for computer advice or quick tutorials, then I don’t really care much about the author. That might be a little harsh, but I only really become interested in the author when I’m reading a lifestyle blog or something that deals with more personal issues. I like to read blogs by people who are similar to me or have shared interests. And if anyone else is like me then I need to spruce up my own About Me page.
Mine was written years ago. It isn’t even called ‘About Me’. In fact, I have 2 sections; ‘My Story’ and ‘Who Am I?’ which is confusing and unnecessary to begin with. By the end of April it’ll be fixed. I have ideas……….these are the questions I’d want to know the answers to………
- Why is your blog called that?
- Who is the person behind the name? How can I relate to you?
- What is the blog about? Why would I want to read it?
- Where else can I find the author online?
Some tips for answering my own questions:
- Succinct but interesting answers
- Include some random facts to keep me interested
- Remember a photo sometimes speaks a thousand words
I'll keep a look out for good About Me pages on the challenge blogs I visit. So this is homework for us all.