10 May 2012

Project 52 Week 19 - From Trees

I can't believe it is week 19 already. I have been feeling quite uninspired in my photography this past week, although I've had the ideas, just no motivation to create them. But, as today was the last day to get a photo taken on this theme, I decided to force myself to get the shot together. Once I started I was totally in the mood for messing about and getting creative with props, even though it was raining!


I wanted to use the 'from trees' theme to create a little writer's corner, somewhere inspiring, quiet and free, where I imagine I would like to sit and write if I could. Of course, this had to involve a cup of tea and a biscuit! I thought this would fit the theme in 2 ways - literally, as paper obviously comes from trees and is used to make the books containing the writer's words; and also because the inspiration of my imaginary writer could come from the trees and nature surrounding them. Feeling quite poetic as I've just been to a meditation class, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm rambling on.

I used Camera Bag 2 to process the photo. It was quite an overcast, drizzly day, so I set white balance to cloud, but the image came out a bit on the yellow side, so I corrected for this using selective saturation to decrease the yellow/green tones. I increased contrast and luminance contrast a bit, and then just added the 'heavy' effect which creates the matte texture. I finished off with a touch of 'saloon' for the pale vignette and faded colours. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...